[Owl-devel] Uniprot in a relational db

Henning Stehr stehr at molgen.mpg.de
Wed Mar 17 10:31:43 EDT 2010

I know that they have a local Uniprot installation here in the
institute but I don't know in which format. If you find a solution to
parse it into relational form, I would also be interested.
So far I was using the Uniprot Java API
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/uniprot/remotingAPI/) and my UniprotConnection
is just a customized interface to this. This may be an alternative to
a local installation with the obvious drawback that it relies on the
internet connection and server availibility.

Cheers,
Henning