[Pdbwiki-devel] PHP upgrade

Jose M. Duarte jose.m.duarte at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 10:27:24 EST 2010

Hi guys

I've been trying to see if we can get the server up and running again. The
funny thing is that our mirror server in Korea is also down, now that's
really bad luck.... Fortunately we have triple redundancy with the MPI
servers! So I've been installing today latest apache and latest working php
(that's 5.2.10, thanks for the tip Dan). I've got the latest snapshot of the
db mounted here and I'm transfering now the rest of data (image files and so
on). Once all is here we'll have it mirrored in our local server on 8080.

Now I've just been talking to the sysadmins here and they have agreed on
letting us serve the wiki from our servers! That is really good news, I
still have to go through the final details and talk to the network guy to
open the firewall and all that, but the good news is that is doable. We
might have a server up and running as soon as tomorrow. I'll let you know
when I know the details for DNS switching and all that. Anyway it seems that
Jeff is working hard... so we might not even need this. Let's see.

For the long run I'd still prefer to use bioinformatics.org, simply because
in here we would need to take care of security and patching ourselves which
isn't easy.

Jose