[Pipet Devel] check this out

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Thu Apr 1 20:50:45 EST 1999

Tim wrote:
> Never heard of Dia until now?!?  It's been around for quite some time; I
> have been using it to explain schemas and network layouts (eg. firewalls
> & routing) to people for months.

Nope.  Sorry.  It must have escaped me somehow.  Me bad.

I have been trying to keep track of new GTK+ programs, but there are so many of

> It spits out XML (though the files are gzipped, I'm going to hack in an
> option to store them uncompressed one of these days) and at one point I
> tried to write a parser to convert SQL scripts to dia class diagrams.
> Alas, that was taking a wee bit longer than we had to spare...

I am curious about modifying Dia to be our WFD.  Do you think that is a good

> Almost done with the application, just tweaking some Javascript garbage
> and fixing the security.  From this weekend onwards I should have a lot
> more time to work on Tulip.

I look forward to it :-)

J.W. Bizzaro                  mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Boston College Chemistry      http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/