[Pipet Devel] message from James

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Wed Aug 11 00:33:47 EDT 1999

Locians,

You may know that I've been in contact with James Henstridge over the past year
about the Python bindings he has written to GTK+ and GNOME (in case you didn't
know, James is one of the primary GNOME developers).  Our TOL server also hosts
the PyG Tools Information Page.  Well, James now has an account on the server,
and he and I will be working on some PyGTK documentation.  I mentioned to him
Loci's need for Python bindings to ORBit, and I thought I'd pass along his
reply:

  As for ORBit bindings, that sounds like a good idea.  I don't have much
  experience with CORBA at the moment, so I don't know how much I would be
  able to contribute to something like this.  I did notice recently that the
  interface repository daemon for ORBit is starting to become usable.  It,
  together with DII (dynamic invocation interface), should make it possible
  to do stubless client side bindings, which would simplify things a lot.

No shocking revelation, but I hope we can get him to help :-)

                   |           J.W. Bizzaro             |
                   |      jeff at bioinformatics.org       |
                   |       THE OPEN COLLABORATORY       |
                   |    FOR MOLECULAR BIOINFORMATICS    |