[Pipet Devel] Re: SV: Meta-Application again...

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Mon Aug 16 15:33:09 EDT 1999

Svanberg Liss wrote:

> Ahh, this was exactly what I was looking for... :)

I was just going to ask you to join the list, but I notice you already have :-)

> ( The only drawback is that I have to learn Phyton... ;)

Not exactly.  We're trying to make Loci language-independent.  The
Workbench/Workspace is written in Python and will serve as one of the main
components, but everything will be modular, with CORBA serving as the basic
glue.  So, providing language X has CORBA bindings, you should be able to use it
to make new modules (loci).  Most of the Loci developers in fact prefer C, and
there are some Perl and Java gurus here too.

Are you a programmer or just looking for a new app to use?  From your message,
it seems you know a bit about some of the Gnome paradigms like Bonobo.  We are
in great need of some help with this stuff.  If you can help, it would be
greatly appreciated!  I can give you an account on our server with CVS access.

                   |           J.W. Bizzaro             |
                   |      jeff at bioinformatics.org       |
                   |       THE OPEN COLLABORATORY       |
                   |    FOR MOLECULAR BIOINFORMATICS    |