[Pipet Devel] and still more infrastructure things

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Sun Feb 28 08:11:46 EST 1999

Replying to my own e-mail...

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> But let's reverse the question.  If we need XML files for (1) working with large
> data, (2) passing data across the Internet and to CORBA systems, and (3)
> archiving data, then what do we need Paos for?

> I know it was my idea to choose Paos, but I'm asking if everyone thinks it fits,
> and where it fits, considering the model I've been describing.

How about having Paos handle the workflow data while XML handles the biological,
instead of defining an XML that mixes the two?

I guess it depends on just how Paos passes the objects.  It would be best if
Paos could be called just once, each time the workflow data needed to be passed,
passing it not only to the next process but to the Benchtop too...hmmm.  I
wouldn't want Loci to be anymore centralized than that.

J.W. Bizzaro                  Phone: 617-552-3905
Boston College                mailto:bizzaro at bc.edu
Department of Chemistry       http://www.uml.edu/Dept/Chem/Bizzaro/