[Pipet Devel] bioinformatics online info

J. Steinbachs stein at fmppr.fmnh.org
Wed Jul 7 17:38:36 EDT 1999

Just thought I'd share my latest bioinformatics web finds (my Museum
curator colleagues really don't care about this stuff):

In their set of inaugural articles, take a peek at SEView, a java applet
for viewing molecular sequence data.

Some interesting reading (more likely for the powers-that-be) on the
merging of IT and biology (and voila, we have bioinformatics).  A useful
(albeit somewhat biased) article out of Oracle on CORBA and its
applications to bioinformatics projects.

Jennifer Steinbachs
Computational Biologist
Dept. of Botany
The Field Museum