[Pipet Devel] PHP is up

Alan J. Williams Alan at TheWilliamsFamily.org
Mon Jul 19 10:23:38 EDT 1999

Along these lines, I have started to put together a bioinformatics and
molecular biology jump site at www.molbio.org.  Currently the only thing
up and running is the news service.  It allows for posting to molbio.org
by anyone from the web. I want to add a catalog of web resources that can
be updated by anyone from the web before I announce the site, which is why
I haven't mentioned it to date.

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Gary Van Domselaar wrote:
 > > What do you think should be in a bioinformatics portal?
 >
 > TOL's bioinfo is _exactly_ what I was thinking ;-)  Add hot current
 > events in bioinformatics with a hierachically organized database like
 > yahoo.  Then we pass an XML standard for bioinformatics documents that
 > allows us to catalog them in our database.  Once XML takes over the
 > Internet we release a web-crawler that updates the database
 > automagically.  Then we sit back and get rich and fat.

Alan Williams
University of California, Riverside   "Where observation is concerned,
Dept. of Botany and Plant Sciences     chance favors the prepared mind."
Alan at TheWilliamsFamily.org                         -- Louis Pasteur