[Pipet Devel] BioInfo (was: PHP is up)

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at bc.edu
Tue Jul 20 08:30:36 EDT 1999

"Alan J. Williams" wrote:

> Along these lines, I have started to put together a bioinformatics and
> molecular biology jump site at www.molbio.org.  Currently the only thing
> up and running is the news service.  It allows for posting to molbio.org
> by anyone from the web. I want to add a catalog of web resources that can
> be updated by anyone from the web before I announce the site, which is why
> I haven't mentioned it to date.

I just took a peek at what you have, and it looks very nice.  Are you planning
on selling advertising?

BioInfo will probably become a portal but more specific to bioinformatics.  We
are looking to add longer feature articles/editorials, Yahoo!-like links pages
(BioWho? or BioHoo!), and I think an events calendar would be nice too.

Let me know when you are ready to announce molbio.org and I'll post it on
BioInfo.

--