[Pipet Devel] Loci and data storage

Gary Van Domselaar gvd at redpoll.pharmacy.ualberta.ca
Thu Sep 23 01:08:27 EDT 1999

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> Ah!  A 'container locus' is a database!  Container loci contain multiple loci,
> which can in reality be in a database.  Ureeka!
>
> Since objects need to be categorized (Logo Blocks has selection buttons
> underneath the pane to switch between categories), Loci will have one 'container
> locus' per category (of the user's choosing), which is a locus whose 'windowlet'
> is a list of the loci contained therein.  And container loci can be add to,
> subtracted from, created and destroyed by the user, ultimately making a very
> flexible system.  (I wrote about this a few weeks ago.)  But making the
> container a relational database too makes the 'Loci way' MUCH MORE POWERFUL than
> anything else I've heard of!  Cool idea, Gary.

Geez, I was just thinking about data storage, not loci storage. But I'll
take credit for your genius anyday ;-)  So now, who wants to tackle this
can of worms? Alan sure seems to know his stuff when it comes to data
management ;-)

-- gary
Gary Van Domselaar		gvd at redpoll.pharmacy.ualberta.ca
Faculty of Pharmacy 		Phone: (780) 492-4493
University of Alberta		FAX:   (780) 492-5305
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada       http://redpoll.pharmacy.ualberta.ca/~gvd