[Pipet Devel] Access levels in VSH

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Mon Apr 3 15:28:25 EDT 2000

Hi all,

it's too quiet in this mailing list, so I could as well throw this one in:
After I put a new pre of gms online, I was doing some more work
on the DL to BL communication, which is operational, but in the most
basic form thinkable.
I discovered Brad and I forgot a set of functions:
-    dlId authorise(in passwordT password0, in passwordT password)
-    boolean lockout(in dlIdT dlId, in passwordT password)

We needed those to authorize DL's to login. Now this is where my problem
begins: who should be able to grant others access?

So we need some form of access level in the vsh system, how do we
organize them? I copied a 'root' system like unix uses, so only the 1th DL
can authorize others. But maybe we do need a more sophisticated system,
something that not only allows DL's access, but also grants them the ability
to grant access to others.

Anyone though about this?
..or is willing to do so now :)

bye,