[Pipet Devel] Choice of ORB implementations

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Fri Apr 7 20:57:41 EDT 2000

jarl van katwijk wrote:

> I've better feelings about a peer-2-peer structure, like
> gnutmeg - http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=3965
>
> Maybe only register the locations (inet addresses) of the systems where instaces
> of VSH are running?

Napster has an interesting security feature, even if it was unintentional: You
don't connect directly to a remote system.  You connect to the Napster server,
and the Napster server connects to the remote system.  How would something
like that jive with our plans?

> Seen gnutella already?
> This project handles all files, not just mp3's.

Yes I have.  This is the sort of thing I'm talking about.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |