[Pipet Devel] Re: thoughts on UI->DL communication

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Fri Apr 14 08:46:14 EDT 2000

> seems we got almost drowned in the proposals and idears we came up with,
> so I my plan is to do VSH in phases, and the 1st one is the build a pilot.
> Made
> up with the sourcecode we currently got , enhanched with code that's
> absolutely
> neccesairy to have the layers communicate.
> so, we'll
> - stick to what we got, no rewrites
> - work localhost oriented, so no remote host connections
> - dont implement all the complex structures we want to have VSH 1.0 have
> - dont spend much time into cleaning\bugfixing\memleak removal\ ect.
> When the pilot is up and running, we'll start posting proposals again.
> Everybody (exspecially Jeff, Jean and Brad) OK with this?
> Please please dont turn this post into a flame :-)

I've got no problem with that (BTW, my name is Jean-Marc, not Jean)! For the
next two weeks, I won't have much time to code, but I can help people use the
Overflow libraries. I don't think Overflow itself will need much changes for
this first phase anyway.

BTW, anyone still have problems compiling/running Overflow (except Brad on
FreeBSD - how are things going Brad?)

Also, I guess we should all agree on a version of libXML. They broke source
compatibility twice after the release I'm using (1.7.3). For 1.8 it was minor,
but they changed all the names in version 2.