[Pipet Devel] libXML WAS thoughts on UI->DL communication

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sat Apr 15 12:20:36 EDT 2000

Jeff wrote:
> I don't see any reason to continue with obsolete versions.  We
should follow
> Gnome's progression to Gnome 1.2 and 2.0.

    I don't really know anything about libXML (since I'm using python
xml tools) but I read somewhere there was a SAX interface for libXML
(...looking for it...okay, here is tutorial on it ->
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/xml-sax/xml-sax.html). Could
you guys use that interface? It seems like the SAX parsing interface
should remain stable (that is the point of SAX, I guess) so then you
wouldn't have to worry about the interfaces changes to libXML.
    This is basically what I do in python, and then I don't have to
worry about underlying changes in the parsers. Or is it the SAX
interface that is changing? (in which case I'm completely off base and
should be smacked around :)

Brad