[Pipet Devel] Re: collaboration naming

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue Apr 25 23:51:51 EDT 2000

deanne at density.biop.umich.edu wrote:

> Close to "Trias", too TRIO: T(something) R(something) Input with Overflow?

They're nice suggestions, really.  I am partial to Latin and Greek words, as
evidenced by my choice of "Loci" for one of the "triad" projects.

But, I wouldn't want to emphasize that there are distinct and separate parts
to this project, or that 3 programs were glued together (there are actually 4
layers to the project, BTW).  People should see this as a single program and
not have to be reminded of the collaboration behind it (So, "Unum" and
"Unisys" are out too ;-)).

This could have been a collaboration of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. projects, and what
difference would it make to the user?  It says nothing about what the program
DOES...and it doesn't give us a cute mascot either ;-)

> (I'm trying to FIND a job in bioinformatics at this point...talk about
> difficult...still here, just caught up in other foo).

Bioinformatics.org will soon have a section for posting job opportunities in
the field.  You may want to stay tuned for that.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |