[Pipet Devel] Another idl question

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sat Apr 29 12:59:23 EDT 2000

Hey Jarl;
    Hope your weekend is going snazzy :-)

I had another idl question for you concerning the
Representation::upload() function:

I'm confused about the bl returning a uri for this function. It seems
like the dl will need to know the uris for each node and subnet, and
so I don't know if the bl can return this information. So how about
instead have the dl be responsible for assigning uris to everything in
the xml document, something like:

<document uri = '5.0.0' />

  <subnet uri = '5.1.0'>
    <node uri = '5.1.212' />
    <node uri = '5.1.315' />
  </subnet>
</document>

The first id will have to be the same for everything submitted by a
dl, and the other ids will either just be assignments made by the dl
(for instance, the subnet id above), or uris for "well-known" programs
or libraries in the bl (which would be obtained from
Obtain::programIds()). Does this make sense or am I off base here?

Brad