[Pipet Devel] node pallet UI

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle at logilab.fr
Wed Dec 6 03:33:11 EST 2000

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, J.W. Bizzaro wrote:

> would primarily be a clist (columned list) widget with a list of nodes.  There

If you're thinking of GTK+ widgets, what you describe is rather a CTree.

> Lets say that the * represents and icon.  Then, the user can drag and drop the
> icon onto some windowlet in Pied/Piper or some other UI compatible with the
> DnD protocols.
> DO WE HAVE ANY TAKERS?  This would be done in GNOME/GTK.  It doesn't have to
> be in Python, but I would prefer it.

In case someone wants to tackle this (I personnaly do not have enough
spare time), he may want to check the Narval gui which has a similar
dialog (CTree, drag and drop) as a base for the Piper implementation. It
is written in pyGtk. I can provide some help with code comprehension if
required (ask me directly or on the piper ML).

Alexandre Fayolle
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).
LOGILAB, Paris (France).