[Pipet Devel] Inventing the Lisa Interface

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Fri Feb 18 09:28:30 EST 2000

For those GUI fanatics among us (including myself), here is a site that covers
the development of the Apple Lisa GUI and desktop:

    http://home.san.rr.com/deans/lisagui.html

Nearly every GUI and desktop in use today can trace its ancestry back to the
Lisa, for better or worse.  (BTW, I believe Loci's workspace is not a direct
descendant of Lisa's desktop.  We're rethinking quite a few things.)

The screenshots page of prototypes is very interesting.  Note that the first
prototype was made on an Apple II in 1979 (!)

    http://home.san.rr.com/deans/prototypes.html