[Pipet Devel] J.W. Bizzaro; TODO 20000218

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Fri Feb 18 11:44:35 EST 2000

Okay, this might be a little easier to read:

J.W. Bizzaro; TODO 20000218
1.  Split gi workspace up into many more modules to keep things easy to manage.
2.  Make windowlets resizable via dragging frame.
3.  Add multiple locus selection to gi workspace.  SHIFT-button1 and
    CTRL-button1 will do this.
4.  Work on locus deletion.  Brad started this.  There should be 2 types:
    (1) complete removal and (2) change to a composite locus, which uses (1).
5.  Work on locus disconnection via pop-up menu over connector.
6.  Add windowlets to locus connectors.  These will give connector status/info.
7.  Pop-up menu needs to reflect the item selected: locus, connector or
8.  For the time being, I want locus addition to take place via DnD with
    containers.  The 'Add' pop-up submenu in the end will be for adding MIME
    and connection type-compatible loci to other loci.  We're a long way from
    doing that, so I want to remove it (Brad).
9.  We need a locus clipboard for doing copy/cut/paste of loci.  I think this
    should be a subtype of the composite locus type and able to be placed on
    the workspace.
10. Loci needs to start up with a few loci already on the workspace:
11. Establish communication pipe with middleware.  NOTE that the gi workspace
    is a 'dumb' front-end to the middleware, and that some of what has been
    hard-coded into the gi workspace (by Brad) needs to be abstracted out to
    the middleware.

                      |           J.W. Bizzaro           |
                      | http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff/ |
                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |