[Pipet Devel] J.W. Bizzaro; TODO 20000218

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Fri Feb 18 11:44:35 EST 2000

Okay, this might be a little easier to read:

J.W. Bizzaro; TODO 20000218
----------------------------------
1.  Split gi workspace up into many more modules to keep things easy to manage.
2.  Make windowlets resizable via dragging frame.
3.  Add multiple locus selection to gi workspace.  SHIFT-button1 and
    CTRL-button1 will do this.
4.  Work on locus deletion.  Brad started this.  There should be 2 types:
    (1) complete removal and (2) change to a composite locus, which uses (1).
5.  Work on locus disconnection via pop-up menu over connector.
6.  Add windowlets to locus connectors.  These will give connector status/info.
7.  Pop-up menu needs to reflect the item selected: locus, connector or
    workspace.
8.  For the time being, I want locus addition to take place via DnD with
    containers.  The 'Add' pop-up submenu in the end will be for adding MIME
    and connection type-compatible loci to other loci.  We're a long way from
    doing that, so I want to remove it (Brad).
9.  We need a locus clipboard for doing copy/cut/paste of loci.  I think this
    should be a subtype of the composite locus type and able to be placed on
    the workspace.
10. Loci needs to start up with a few loci already on the workspace:
    containers.
11. Establish communication pipe with middleware.  NOTE that the gi workspace
    is a 'dumb' front-end to the middleware, and that some of what has been
    hard-coded into the gi workspace (by Brad) needs to be abstracted out to
    the middleware.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |