[Pipet Devel] Line)loci] command-line composite (was: Attempt at Constructing the CommandLine)Line)

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Sun Feb 27 11:44:25 EST 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

> I think this is a really good idea! With my junk I wasn't aiming at
> this, but was rather thinking of using the composite locus to deal
> with everything. However, I like your vision of having the standard
> processor loci be a special case of a composite widget much better.

Right.  And if you think about it, we're defining 'processors' as 'programs
that process the data', and all UNIX programs can be launched from the CLI
(many may not have CLI options, but they are still launchable from there).  So,
the basic windowlet/UI for a processor should include a way to manipulate its
command-line.  All UNIX programs, in fact, must work this way under Loci (and
probably fall under the locus type 'processor').

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |