[Pipet Devel] namespace

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Sun Feb 27 19:44:40 EST 2000

> I want to start naming every Loci class so that the name begins with
'Loci'.

    I don't think we need to worry about this too much because of the
directory structure o' Loci. I think if anyone has another module in
their PYTHONPATH called middle.library.modules.xml.frontTalkHandlers,
then they *deserve* to have import problems. Plus, I don't see why
anyone would really need or want to import loci classes other than us,
and we can figure out if there will be problems.
    So I think we should only do this where we forsee problems (ie.
Widget()) and not make it mandatory for all of the classes.
    Also, I have been meaning to ask about how to work class and
function names (some people really care a lot about this issue). I
have been mostly using the lowerThenUpperCase type style for both
classes, modules and functions (and variables). However, I know some
people prefer lowerThenUpper for modules and classes and
lots_of_underscores for functions. The style guide is kind o
wishy-washy on this. Just curious if there were preferences...

Brad