[Pipet Devel] CHANGES; 20000227 J.W. Bizzaro

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Sun Feb 27 20:06:24 EST 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

> Cool. If you just type ./loci, will this fire up both at once?

Err, no.  I didn't make it so that it launches subprocesses.  Running it 2
different times is what starts 2 different processes.  I'll make improvements
to this later.

> We should probably add stuff in so that we kill the middle
> automatically when the front quits (should be no big deal--the middle
> server has a shutdownNow variable).

Yeah, I think we could have something like

    loci --middle start
    loci --middle stop

> Stuff is still kind of messed up
> right now becaue when the front quits it destroys the middles
> directories--I still need to fix that when I work on more separation.

Oh.

Say, why does the middle start 5 processes when run?

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |