[Pipet Devel] Attempt at Constructing the Command Line

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Mon Jan 17 07:44:07 EST 2000

>That's the problem.  I'm using 1.5.1, which is standard with RH6.0.

Okee dokee. I just cvsed a new loci-file which doesn't use os.makedirs(),
but instead 2 separate calls to os.mkdir(), which should be a pretty old
lib function and available on lots of older pythons. Let me know if there
is more that is 1.5.2 specific.

>1.5.2 is still pretty new, so I don't know how many users will have it.  Do we
>want to make some 95% of our users upgrade their Python installation?  What's
>the concensus here?  Who on this list wants to stick with Python 1.5.1?  (I
>may have to send this as a separate message to get some people's attention.)

It is up to everyone. 1.5.2 has been around since April 99, and has been
ported just about everywhere (even the Mac!) so I don't think it would be
that hard for people to upgrade. But we should make it compatible with
older versions of python where possible, and this is definately somewhere
where is was easily possible.
	Hopefully it works for you now :)

Brad