[Pipet Devel] XML-RPC

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue Jul 11 19:41:27 EDT 2000

"A.J. Rossini" wrote:
>     JWB> From discussions we've had, it
>     JWB> seems CORBA is superior in terms of speed and security.
> Agreed, in a sense (speed, yes; security, depends and is extremely
> contextual, so let's not go down that route...).

I'm not an expert on any of the models.  I am simply relying on what others
here tell me.  Jarl has made favorable comments regarding CORBA's security
model.  Also, regarding XML-RPC, SOAP and .NET (which, it appears, are now
related), I have HEARD that the intention is to run them through HTTP in order
to bypass firewalls.  These are the reasons why I said CORBA is "superior"
(bad choice of words -- it tends to cause more flame wars).

                      |           J.W. Bizzaro           |
                      | http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff/ |
                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |