[Pipet Devel] XML-RPC

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue Jul 11 20:47:29 EDT 2000

"A.J. Rossini" wrote:

> We (one of my "affiliations") are looking into wet-lab
> informatics/data processing, as well as cross-institution/group
> database collection (wet lab + epidemiological/health services data).

Interesting.  Loci (now part of Piper) was originally developed as a
bioinformatics application.  We intended, and still do intend, to set up
"collaboratories" based on the system.

> Piper has the right requirements, if implemented reasonably quickly,

By "if implemented reasonably quickly", do you mean (1) "if Piper becomes
functional soon" or (2) "if Piper networks can be assembled quickly"?

If you mean (1), we'd like to get things working soon too.  Right now, the big
challenge is merging Loci, GMS, and Overflow (not to mention BlueBox).  Brad
and Jarl have been veritable busy beavers, while I spend most of my time
posting brain boogers to the list :-)  But no-one has complained too much :-P

> to be a tool we could use (and hence consider developing for, or even
> just developing).

Hmmm.  I'd like to hear more :-)

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |