[Pipet Devel] bonobo

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Fri Jun 2 11:16:47 EDT 2000

Hey all;
    People keep talking and talking about bonobo and python, and I
know that Jeff mentioned it earlier as being important for having the
Gnome GUI talk to different gnome programs. Is this still the case? If
so, are there any programs specifically that you'd like to talk to
through bonobo?
    The reason I ask is that I thought I would like to try and take a
serious stab at seeing how exactly to do this, so I can figure out
exactly how much would need to be done before bonobo stuff woudl
actually work in python. ie. does it require gnorba? If so, does
gnorba require ORBit? and so on... Plus, I'm also kind of interested
in learning more about how bonobo works, since it seems like a really
nice implementation to steal things from :-).
    Anyways, is there enought interest in this on the Gnome front to
look into it more, or is it a waste of time? Just curious.

Brad