[Pipet Devel] IRC log on XML design/Overflow inclusion in Piper

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Mon Jun 12 06:36:23 EDT 2000

deanne at density.biop.umich.edu wrote:
> Has anyone looked at the interface in Oregano?
> I just wanted to comment that it's a very cute interface, and itself acts
> as an interface to SPICE.

Yeah, I've got that in my collection of "Workflow Diagram Examples".

Circuit drawing is an example of a nice way to draw out a diagram, especially
with those stepped lines.  But the focus has traditionally been on
readability: You want to draw a circuit that you or someone else will make.
IOW, it has to look nice for printing and for sharing the printouts.  But, the
drawback is that it takes time and planning to get a readable diagram.  You
certainly don't want to quickly add, remove, and "toss around" the nodes and
lines like you may want to with Pied/Piper.  In Pied/Piper, you really don't
care how the diagram looks, because you're not going to print it out and show
somebody.......well, probably not.

                      |           J.W. Bizzaro           |
                      | http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff/ |
                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |