[Pipet Devel] Peep update

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Mon Jun 12 08:30:28 EDT 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
> > Yep.  You'll largely be stripping off the XML tags.
>
> This is not really true since there are no XML tags. The DL talks with
> the user interface exclusively through CORBA now, so there is no need
> to be giving the user interface XML, when it can just give it
> functions to call. Have you had a chance to look at the "How to Write
> a UI for Piper" thingy? Are you opposed to what I'm doing with the
> UIL/DL interface?

I meant the XML tags from XML-specified (and stored) user interface
components.  So, if a set of components is specified as...

  <ui owner=peep>
    <component type=plaintext>

      The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

    </component>
    <component type=input>

      What color is the fox?

    </component>
  </ui>

Peep strips off the tags and prints...

  The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
  What color is the fox? _

I'm not opposed to your UIL/DL API, Brad! :-)

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |