[Pipet Devel] hierarchy (was: icons)

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Sat Jun 24 10:46:34 EDT 2000

Brad Chapman wrote:

> Now we are going through the exact same thing
> with the BL--suggesting Jarl code in a different language, trying to
> micromanage what libraries he uses, saying that the BL isn't
> important, blah, blah, blah. Since I think this sucks really hard, can
> I suggest that we cut it out? This is a very unproductive way to talk
> about things. The BL and Jarl's contributions to Piper are extremely
> important, and we should never have to question this. Please, let's
> keep things positively focused. Positive energy.

The criticism was not aimed at the BL at all.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  I
was criticising a model that would reduce the role of the BL to that of a
simple messenger, doing nothing but relaying information between 2 systems,
the DL and the PL.  The BL is capable of much more than that (BL -> BL
communication, for example).

You should know by now that I'm not some monster that goes around trashing
other people's code :-)

Cheers.
Negative Energy Man
                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |