[Pipet Devel] GMS

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Mon Mar 13 06:42:06 EST 2000

Hi Jarl!  It's good to hear from you.  I've been meaning to write to you
since I saw the comment on Gnotices about GMS.  We (Loci) are talking with
the Overflow people about a collaboration, and I thought perhaps GMS would
like to join the party.

jarl van katwijk wrote:

> I just recenly rewrote the GUI to be an seperate application communicating trough
> Corba with the main engine, and the next phase is coding a better GUI.
> Now that I seem Loci I'm considering the possibilities of integrating the GUI into
> GMS. This will mean I have to port the python code to C.

Hmmm.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'integrating the GUI'.  Are you
interested in getting GMS to work with Loci's actual GUI, or are you looking
to make something like it in C?

If you are looking to use our GUI with your own C program, Python has
language bindings to C (Python is in fact written in C).

> I want to know whether the Loci GUI is mainly finished, or should I wait till it's
> more mature,cq untill all planned features are done?

The design/plan for the GUI is pretty well thought out.  We have only to put
more of our ideas into code.  Again, what were you hoping to do?

(BTW, are you subscribed to this list?)

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |