[Pipet Devel] GMS

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Mon Mar 13 15:44:34 EST 2000

> > As I mentioned earlier: the first subject of discussion should be the differance
> > between the classes\objects 'filosophy' of both systems.. I think your choose
> > to implement different types based upon functionality isn't the way it should be
> > done. I'm supporting the 'one global do-everything object".
> >
> > I'm very curious why Loci classes are implemented the way they are...
>
> Perhaps you can give us a synopsis/summary of the GMS object philosophy.  It
> would then be easier for me to point out differences, because right now I'm
> not so sure how GMS is different.

(Please first do a 'lpr messaging_mobject_structs.h' and have a look at the
srtuctures...)

Every MO has the same structure, features, fields and capabilities. This is done
because I want to have high flexibility, stability (no need for different processing
handlers), extendability (missing features can be added 'easely'),  and analizability
(the GAP core will requier a single type based database structure).

This setup also makes it possible to realise a setup like the one Loci can offer,
simply by limiting MO's in their functionality.