[Pipet Devel] which handles distribution (was: vsh?)

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Thu Mar 16 12:53:13 EST 2000

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> I still think there's nothing that keeps Overflow from doing distributed stuff,
> and I think I've found a way to do it (simply by creating two new node types).
> Now the problem is that I've never used sockets before. Is anyone interested in
> helping out. This would actually serve two goals at once: See it we can get
> networking in Overflow, and have someone in Loci (or GMS) to get some
> "experience" with Overflow. Anyone interrested?

This is a VERY important question:

  If Overflow handles application distribution and integration,
  what will happen to GMS and all of its code???  This is what
  GMS is designed to do.

We CANNOT thow GMS away.  Jarl simply wouldn't collaborate if we did.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |