[Pipet Devel] Re: which handles distribution (was: vsh?)

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Thu Mar 16 13:25:43 EST 2000

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> I'm not talking about throwing GMS away... I'm just saying that we could
> probably paste the GMS code into Overflow nodes and have all the GMS
> functionnality into Overflow. So far, I haven't found anything that can't be
> inserted into an Overflow node (GMS might prove me wrong, but I don't think).
> The suggestion of writing network code was more as a proof of concept... I don't
> want to rewrite all GMS.

Okay, now let's see what Jarl has to say.

I'm fairly impartial about this issue of which controls distribution, since I
can get the GUI to work either way.

> As for the name... why not dfsh (data-flow shell) or fsh (flow shell)? I think

I thought fsh sounded alright, but then I found that the name is being used:

    http://www.lysator.liu.se/fsh/

What do you think of Blockaide?

> RAIDE sounds a bit more like RAID... plus "raide" means "stiff" in french.

Oh man.  It's good to have some french-speaking people on board :-)

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |