[Pipet Devel] Naming of three layers

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at hermes.usherb.ca
Sun Mar 26 17:36:07 EST 2000

>   UIL: User Interfaces Layer - user interfaces
>   DDL: Dataflow Definition Layer - scripting\XML layer
>   DBL: Dataflow Brokering Layer - brokering
>   DPL: Dataflow Processing Layer - dataflow handler
>
> (BTW, the argument that 'Dataflow' is redundant could also be applied to
> 'Layer' ;-))

Yes, what about:
  -User Interface
  -Definition
  -Brokering
  -Processing

Since we all know they are all layers and that everything's about dataflow
anyway.

> There are also the 'foreign applications' and 'objects' to consider.  We could
> add a...
>
>   OAL: Objects and Applications Layer
I don't consider objects to be a layer... they're just objects (now that's new
;-) )

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca