[Pipet Devel] Clarification on documentation stuff

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Tue May 9 08:58:51 EDT 2000

Jarl wrote:
> I dont like Latex, I'm using Mircosoft Word.
>
> Nah, go ahead Brad, have your judgement pick the best. Like  I'll do
> with the
> documentation format :)
>
> I'm trying to get hold of automake e.c. and will get a mental
breakdown
> when
> you people want me to learn some wierd text-formatting system..

    I just wanted to clarify my LaTeX comments, since I definately
think I wasn't clear on some stuff.
    I do not care about having "one format" or "one standard way" to
do documentation for Piper. All I was (inadequately) trying to say is
that LaTeX (my preferred way to do documentation) was "compatible"
with LyX, which Jeff and Jean-Marc seem to like. I do not think anyone
should need to learn a new system to do documentation, and everyone
can use whatever they want, as long as they produce documentation :-)
    Just like I would *hate* to have to use Word, I would never want
to make anyone who likes Word (or LyX, or whatever) use LaTeX.
    Besides, time spent learning LaTeX could be better spent coding on
Piper :-)

Brad