[Pipet Devel] Fun with ORBs & M$ Word

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Tue May 9 18:17:13 EDT 2000

Jarl van Katwijk wrote:

> I'm trying to get hold of automake e.c. and will get a mental breakdown
> when you people want me to learn some wierd text-formatting system..

Have you tried LyX?  There's nothing much to learn: It is a *GUI* that is
actually simpler than M$ Word to use, because you don't have to worry about
positioning text with spaces and carriage returns.  LaTeX/TeX, on the other
hand, are formatting languages/systems run from a textual shell.  LyX is a
front-end to LaTeX.

    http://www.lyx.org/

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |