[Pipet Devel] Peep

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro at geoserve.net
Wed May 17 08:35:08 EDT 2000

deanne at density.biop.umich.edu wrote:

> Why, yes, I have a question. Where should I start? :)

(ahem, you weren't on the list ;-))

Not to pressure Brad or anything (we all know he's done tons more than I), but
he said he's preparing a new directory structure for Piper.  We need that
ready first.  Then, we can make a copy of Pied and strip out the Gnome stuff.

Peep will need a text input loop (that will likely replace the Gtk event loop)
that lets it work like the Unix command line or any other CLI such as telnet,
ftp, etc.  I haven't done this myself, so perhaps in the meantime you can
figure out how to do this in Python.  It should be real eeeeeasy.

                      |        BIOINFORMATICS.ORG        |
                      |           The Open Lab           |