[Pipet Devel] tarball snapshots of Piper and Overflow

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Thu Nov 23 10:22:21 EST 2000

I made new snapshots of Piper and Overflow.  They are on the FTP server:

They were made from CVS this morning (Nov. 23).

Here are the commands that *I* used to compile Overflow.  Change the options
as necessary:

  sh autogen.sh --enable-shared --disable-static --prefix=/opt/overflow

FFTW is needed for Overflow, so I put fftw-2.1.3 in the FTP directory.

Here are the commands I used to compile Piper:

  sh autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-piperhome=/home/piper
--with-overflow=/opt/overflow --with-omniorb=/opt/omniORB_300

omniORB3 and omniORBpy are needed for Piper, so I put them in the FTP
directory too.

Please try to download and compile this stuff, and let us know how it worked

And, to everyone in the US, happy Thanksgiving :-)

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein