[Pipet Devel] tarball snapshots of Piper and Overflow

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Thu Nov 23 10:22:21 EST 2000

I made new snapshots of Piper and Overflow.  They are on the FTP server:

    ftp://bioinformatics.org/pub/piper

They were made from CVS this morning (Nov. 23).

Here are the commands that *I* used to compile Overflow.  Change the options
as necessary:

  sh autogen.sh --enable-shared --disable-static --prefix=/opt/overflow
--with-fftw-dir=/usr

FFTW is needed for Overflow, so I put fftw-2.1.3 in the FTP directory.

Here are the commands I used to compile Piper:

  sh autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-piperhome=/home/piper
--with-overflow=/opt/overflow --with-omniorb=/opt/omniORB_300
--with-omnilibs=/opt/omniORB_300/lib/i586_linux_2.0_glibc2.1

omniORB3 and omniORBpy are needed for Piper, so I put them in the FTP
directory too.

Please try to download and compile this stuff, and let us know how it worked
out.

And, to everyone in the US, happy Thanksgiving :-)

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein