[Pipet Devel] dl2bl file not written

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Feb 26 03:18:48 EST 2001

Jarl van Katwijk wrote:
> > It should be written by the BL, right?
> Yes. Does it exsist at all in ~/piper_info/ior/ ?

No, it doesn't exist.  The DL raises the error.  But, I checked both DL and BL
code, and it seems that the BL is the one to write the file.

Does the BL write a message to stdout when it writes the file?  Can it write
an error message when it can't?

> > I'm a bit confused, since I upgraded to GLIBC 2.2, and I'm not sure if that is
> > causing this problem somehow.
> Did it work before?

It did work *SOMETIME* before, but I didn't check just prior to upgrading to
glibc 2.2.

A lot of Linux programs are now requiring glibc 2.2, so that's why I need to

I'd like to know if upgrading to gcc 2.96.  I'm getting some errors compiling
Overflow now....oy!  Perhaps glibc 2.2 and gcc 2.95 don't work together?

J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein