[Pipet Devel] runtime errors

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Wed Jun 13 08:39:54 EDT 2001

> > I didn't see anything wrong with the Makefile... The problem you had was with
> > the  "[l_INCLUDEDIR" on the g++ command line (probably in the "DEFS" Makefile
> > variable) This looks OK in the Makefiles you sent.
>
> I don't get it.  It should be substituting the defined path at that point.
> Any idea why not?

The only other time I saw that was because libxml wasn't installed and
gnome-config returned an error, which means that the variable isn't substitued
correctly. The error you have is probably similar.

> > As for the run-time errors, it's because Overflow finds some .n files twice.
> > It's just a minor warning (everything else should work). Did you define
> > VFLOW_PATH? If so, don't define it. Overflow now knows how to find its
> > toolboxes. If you noved the Overflow install directory, just set VFLOW_HOME to
> > the new base directory (eg /opt/overflow).
> >
> > As for findint libflow, it you ran "make install", it should be found... but you
> > can always set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (not PATH).
>
> VFLOW_PATH=                                         no effect
> VFLOW_HOME=/opt/overflow                            no effect
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/overflow/lib  fixed!

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH fixed the "error: net SaveAs already existed" type errors?
or just the "libflow not found" error?

	Jean-Marc