[Pipet Devel] runtime errors

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Jun 13 08:30:50 EDT 2001

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> I didn't see anything wrong with the Makefile... The problem you had was with
> the  "[l_INCLUDEDIR" on the g++ command line (probably in the "DEFS" Makefile
> variable) This looks OK in the Makefiles you sent.

I don't get it.  It should be substituting the defined path at that point.
Any idea why not?

> As for the run-time errors, it's because Overflow finds some .n files twice.
> It's just a minor warning (everything else should work). Did you define
> VFLOW_PATH? If so, don't define it. Overflow now knows how to find its
> toolboxes. If you noved the Overflow install directory, just set VFLOW_HOME to
> the new base directory (eg /opt/overflow).
>
> As for findint libflow, it you ran "make install", it should be found... but you
> can always set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (not PATH).

VFLOW_PATH=                                         no effect
VFLOW_HOME=/opt/overflow                            no effect
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/overflow/lib  fixed!

Hmm.  Strange, it used to work without setting LD_LIB.

J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin