[Pipet Devel] name

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed May 2 18:17:44 EDT 2001

Hi Jarl!

Jarl van Katwijk wrote:

> How did the poster presentation go?

Fine, thanks.  It was a small meeting.  I wanted to give a talk, but space
was reserved for faculty.

The meeting was for people in the 5-campus UMass system interested in
bioinformatics.  I've been hoping to convince people in the system that
Piper could be used to connect bioinformatics resources between campuses.

> Mad at you? How come, I missed something?

Cuz he kept asking for a compromise, but I wouldn't agree to one, and then
he seemed kind of pithy in the end.

> K, I'll contact him and get that piper project registered to us.

Thanks!

> > BTW, if we have too many problems like this, how about changing Piper's name
> > to Pijper?  I don't see ANY programs with that name, just some Dutch
> > sirnames.
> Lucky bastards ;-)   Let's not take that name, stick to Piper.

Too embarrassing, eh? ;-)