[Pipet Devel] Piper progress

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Thu May 3 18:48:26 EDT 2001

Hi Brad!

Brad Chapman wrote:

> Well, I'm definately not opposed to it, but the 20th is a
> bad day for me. That's the middle of BOSC, so that's planned
> Biopython/Biocorba coding time.

The 20th is the second/last day of BOSC.  I was thinking about including Piper
in the BOSC coding party, so that's why I mentioned that day.  Are BioPython
and BioCORBA being coded on both days or on different days?  Does each project
get one or two time-slots for coding?  I suppose I could ask someone
coordinating BOSC, but you're immediately available ;-)

You're right, having computers would be a problem for any other time.  But it
would be fun if we could pull it off.

The other thing that I have to contend with at the conference is a
mini-conference for Bioinformatics.org.  We're inviting several speakers to
talk about open-access publications.  We currently have someone from BioMed
Central and the American Library Association coming, and we could get someone
from the Public Library of Science.  It'll be called "BiO BoF 2001", and it is
currently unannounced.  But stay tuned for it.

Cheers.
Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin