[Pipet Users] Update

Nicolas Chauvat Nicolas.Chauvat at logilab.fr
Tue Feb 6 14:23:04 EST 2001

> Something else the BL needs, in my view, is a standard to communicate
> with other systems. For sure with neighboring instances of Piper, but
> also with other systems. KQML seems to be the ideal candidate: it's
> designed for intercommunication between agents, to share knowledge.
> (Knowledge Query and Manipulation Language)

> So you can wait for me to do all the work, but I think the growing crowd of
> people interested in Piper want to have something workable a bit sooner ;)
> Have any comments on kqml? Is there something else\better? Do you want to take up
> the coding of a library for piper?

I've used KQML in the past. I'm not sure it fits... or maybe it is because
I have bad KQML memories!

What are you looking for and what would you like to achieve? Maybe I can
help in choosing the proper language/tool by discussing the topic with
you?

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais où est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)