[Pipet Users] Khoros and Cantata

Jarl van Katwijk jarl at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 11 16:49:45 EST 2001

> > So the modularization that you see is really an artifact of the different code
> > bases and coders:
> >
> >     UIL <------------> DL <------------> BL <-------------> PL
> >
> >     Jeff <----------> Brad <----------> Jarl <----------> Jean-Marc
>
> OK, now with AIL:

>       Jeff <---> Brad <---> Nicolas <---> Jarl <---> Jean-Marc

Ok, have a AIL (I'll just adopt the naming) as a seperate module
(ofcourse with CORBA inferface(s)) is obvious to me. But putting it
inbetween the DL and BL doesn't seem a good design to me. Neither
intergrating it into the BL. The way I see a GP engine fit into piper is
as a general support module. Something all layers could make use of.
Sort off a base class for the total monster we call Piper ;)

jarl