[Pipet Users] Piper & Overflow problem

Karl-Max Wagner karlmax at oberland.net
Mon Jan 22 16:11:23 EST 2001

Hi list,

some time ago I downloaded Piper and all the stuff needed to
make it run. After some hassles ( and after installing gcc
2.95.2 ) I got everything to compile and install. When I start
piper, I get the following output in the xterm I start it from:

deMoivre:~# piper
Starting definition layer...
Starting pied...
deMoivre:~#
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
/dev/dsp: No such device
Getting document...
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/audio_blocks.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/vq.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/hmm.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/nnet.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Connecting with the bl...
Environmental variable VSH_DL2BL_IOR not found.
Using default ior file location.
IOR file for Brokering Layer not found.
Connection with BL not established.
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/audio_blocks.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/vq.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/hmm.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/nnet.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
error: net LoadFile already existed
error: net SaveAs already existed
error: net LP already existed
error: net HP already existed
error: net LPC_DECOMP already existed
Document:ShowNetwork

I get a window, but whatever I try, I get no symbols to put some
arrangement together with.

Checking the indicated files for the undefined symbols shows
indeed that said symbols are undefined.

The same applies if I start up FreeSpeech / Overflow: I get a
window, but I don't get symbols to draw networks with. I guess
for the same reason.....

What mistake did I make or what do I still need ?

        "It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
          But they called it                 karlmax at oberland.net
            W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"                   ham radio: DB8CO
            *********Member of No Code International*********
            ***********Visit http://www.nocode.org***********
            ********Membership Number NCI-2563-DB8CO*********
    _
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . . t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a

"Et ceterum censeo ut Microsoftem delendum esse" (Cato, adapted)
"Quo usque tandem abutere nostra patientia ?" (Cicero, original)