[Pipet Users] DL to PL connection structure of the BL

Karl-Max Wagner karlmax at oberland.net
Tue Jan 30 17:55:40 EST 2001

>   http://www.bioinformatics.org/piper/design.html

What might be good in there would be to add the communications
mechanism between the different blocks: DL and BL talk together
over CORBA and XML, and the BL talk to the PL in fact by
plugging library functions together and running them.

In case somebody wants to plug his/her stuff into that IMHO the
best interface is to connect to the DL via CORBA and write one's
own BL ( which seems to be a good idea anyway ) as well as the
PL ( which is obvious, of course ).

Another way is to add library functions to Overflow, however,
AFAIU this requires using C++ - so far there is apparently no
way to interface other languages. Am I right on that ?

        "It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
          But they called it                 karlmax at oberland.net
            W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"                   ham radio: DB8CO
            *********Member of No Code International*********
            ***********Visit http://www.nocode.org***********
            ********Membership Number NCI-2563-DB8CO*********
    _
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . . t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a

"Et ceterum censeo ut Microsoftem delendum esse" (Cato, adapted)
"Quo usque tandem abutere nostra patientia ?" (Cicero, original)