[Pipet Users] DL to PL connection structure of the BL

jarl van katwijk jarl at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 30 19:47:07 EST 2001

> What might be good in there would be to add the communications
> mechanism between the different blocks: DL and BL talk together
> over CORBA and XML,

see ./piper/idl/DL2BL.idl ;)
Not a perfect idl, but something we can work with.

And about xml: the dl outputs xml formatted data. Nice to see such a similair
view on the design :)

> and the BL talk to the PL in fact by
> plugging library functions together and running them.

see ./piper/idl/BL2PL.idl

> In case somebody wants to plug his/her stuff into that IMHO the
> best interface is to connect to the DL via CORBA and write one's
> own BL ( which seems to be a good idea anyway ) as well as the
> PL ( which is obvious, of course ).

Yer, sure. All layers of Piper are more-of-less seperate packages of code. They
share that they all are compliant to Piper. To a Piper layer to be precise.
We also gave bogus layers a though, something involving authetication keys orso
will eventually be in place.

jarl