[Pipet Users] the make problem is a bit better

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Fri Jun 8 17:32:25 EDT 2001

Bryant Lau wrote:
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "runpiper.py", line 14, in ?
>     from piperconfig import *
> ImportError: No module named piperconfig
> When I add the directory of the "piperconfig.py" to the PYTHONPATH
> environment variable,

There's a line in runpiper.py to include the config directory:

  # hack to include the configuration file in the PYTHONPATH
  sys.path.insert(0, os.path.join(os.curdir, 'config'))

What version of Python are you using?

> ImportError: No module named modules.dlmain
> ImportError: No module named modules.piper.UIL2DL

These are there.

Are you running Piper from the installed location or from the package
location?  What path did you choose to install Piper in?

J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin