[Pipet Users] Overflow 0.4 released

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Wed Mar 21 20:45:06 EST 2001

> > * Overflow also supports throwing and catching exceptions within the
> >   flow using the "Throw" and "Catch" node. This is still undocumented.
> What are the possibilities if these nodes, are they capable of reporting
> to other layers in piper?

These are the "Throw" and "Catch" nodes. "Throw" throws an exception, so there
has to be a Catch node somewhere further in the flow. When "Catch" catches an
exception, it "pulls" from the "CATCH" input... There's a demo of that in the
"examples" directory.

> > * Support for AMD 3D Now! instructions in vector primitives (use -D_USE_3DNOW)
> How did you enable this, just a gcc flag or asm mmx code?

Eventually, there should be a configure flag. For now, you need to add
-D_USE_3DNOW to the CXXFLAGS environment variable, e.g.
export CXXFLAGS='-O3 -D_USE_3DNOW -mpentiumpro'
./configure .....

If you want to see the actual 3D Now! code, look in data-flow/include/vec.h

> > * Rewrite of the Neural network toolbox to make it faster
> Can I be tolded what the toolbox is ... or do I have to see it for
> myself?

What do you mean? Are you asking what are neural networks? (It's an artificial
intelligence thing that roughly approximates the way neurons work).

> > * Updated html documentation
> Let me guess: no api changes since the cvs version you annouced? (the
> one where the naming of the libraries was done)

No API changes...

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin
Universite de Sherbrooke - Genie Electrique
valj01 at gel.usherb.ca